Movie Rating Scale
|Grade: A to A-
|Grade: B+ to B
|Grade: B- to C+
|Grade: C to C-
|| Reel Hope: "E" Celebrities
Reel Hope: "E" Celebrities
In keeping with our spirit of making a difference in our community, what could be more natural for The Independent Critic than documenting the philanthropy, community service, foundations and organizations supported by your favorite Hollywood actors, actresses, directors, writers and other film industry professionals. Listed from A-Z, this comprehensive archive will list many of your Hollywood favorites, classic and contemporary, and the causes most important to them ranging from one-time support to lifelong commitments!
Clint Eastwood in the Community
ORGANIZATIONS HE SUPPORTS
- Received the Jack Valenti Humanitarian Award from MPAA
- Typically describes himself as a Republican, fiscally conservative yet socially liberal. Eastwood has publicly supported Dwight Eisenhower and Richard Nixon, though he publicly criticized Nixon's handling of the Vietnam War.
- Donated $1,000 to Democrat Sam Farr in a U.S. Rep from California
- Hosted a $5,000 a plate dinner for California Gov. Gray Davis
- Has publicly supported an alternative energy bill in California
- Has publicly supported less welfare, more empowerment initiatives
- He has publicly supported initiatives pro unemployment insurance, pro bailouts for homeowners saddled with unaffordable mortgages, is supportive of development of electric/hybrid cars, free prescription drugs, government-ordained educational standards, environmental conservation, land conservation and moderate gun control.
- Supported the Brady Bill.
- Was quoted in a 1997 Playboy as being pro-choice.
- Has supported the idea of allowing gay marriage
- Supportive of ERA
- Has opposed wars in Vietnam, Korea and Iraq.
- Endorsed John McCain in the 2008 U.S. Presidential election, but seemed to have no problem with Obama's election
- Served as mayor of Carmel-by-the-sea, California
- Has verbalized, at times, opposition to hunting for sport
- California State Park and Recreation Commission- Appointed by Calif. Gov. Gray Davis, then re-appointed by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Opposed a toll road that would cut through a state beach- Opposition may have led to his not being re-appointed to the Parks n' Rec. again.
- California Film Commission- Appointed by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Endorsed Mitt Romney for President in 2012 presidential election
- Alternative Energy
- Women's Rights
- Gay Rights
- Land Conservation
- Arts Advocacy
- Gun Control
Roger Ebert in the CommunityORGANIZATIONS HE SUPPORTS
- Donated $1 million to the University of Illinois in 2008 to establish the Roger Ebert Program for Film Studies Fund
Source: Giving Back Fund
Zac Efron in the CommunityORGANIZATIONS HE SUPPORTS
- Career Gear- Donated a tie during a celebrity drive to benefit disadvantaged men in finding/retaining employment
- Mattel Children's Hospital in L.A.- It is known that in 2008 Efron visited the children in the hospital over the holidays, spending at lest two hours and bringing $10,000 worth of toys. It is said that he visited each child and family.
- Personal Growth
Jenna Elfman in the CommunityORGANIZATIONS SHE SUPPORTS
- Church of Scientology, including serving on the Board of Advisors for Citizens Commission on Human Rights Psychiatry. Also has supported the Scientology affiliated Youth for Human Rights International and a benefit for New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project.
- Visited her high school alma mater to encourage students
- Has donated an hour of her time for at least three years running to an auction that benefits Communities in Schools
- The Humane Society- Donated her kiss imprint to a series of created stamps.
- Has served as a criminal rehabilitation activist, was recognized with the Goodwill Ambassador Award at the Women Ambassadors Foundation 12th Annual Conference
- In September 2008, participated in a month-long "September Campaign" for Charity Water to build wells in Ethiopia.
- Animal Welfare
- Criminal Justice issues
- Clean Water
Shannon Elizabeth in the Community
ORGANIZATIONS SHE SUPPORTS
- Animal Avengers- Elizabeth co-founded this animal advocacy organization with her ex-husband.
- After 9/11, she made a PSA speaking out about tolerance stating that she's 1/2 Arabic and all American.
An Independent Voice for the Reel World
The Independent Critic
All Material Copyright 2007-2011
Richard Propes and Heart n' Sole Foundation