CONCEIVED AND DIRECTED BY
Commentary with Casey Affleck, Joaquin Phoenix, and cast and crew
Commentary with Casey Affleck
Deleted scenes with commentary (over 90 minutes)
In honor of the overwhelming time and commitment that Casey Affleck afforded this documentary, and I use that term loosely, on Joaquin Phoenix, I offer a few short observations submitted as my "review," and I use that term loosely, for I'm Still Here:
- Okay, so you're still here? We still don't care.
- Rumor has it that Casey Affleck went broke making this film. Good, at least he won't be self-financing anymore films.
- Phoenix has already come out to say that the entire thing was a hoax, perhaps yet another "hoax" designed to get interest in this box-office disaster.
- Am I the only one who has noticed that if it has Magnolia Pictures attached to it a box-office bomb can be assumed? Is this a tax write-off for Mark Cuban?
- Why am I not flunking the film? Simple. Phoenix managed to convince those who cared that this was all "real" and that he was somehow giving up on Hollywood. For that reason alone, a 1/2 star gift is warranted.
- The rest of the film is about equal to the gift that a disgruntled employee leaves on Phoenix's face while he's sleeping. Think about it.
© Written by Richard Propes
The Independent Critic